Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Let's try something different

So, after that stirring first post by our fearless leader, Madame X (her name is currently lost to the universe), I thought I'd share my fascinating and compelling back-story.

After years as a long term serial monogamist, I’m finding myself making a lot of new choices lately. After an especially rough year, including the death of my father, ending a 3 year relationship with a live-in boyfriend, ending a 10 month relationship with a sleazy dick, getting screwed over by a shady employer, and hitting that “quarter life crisis,” I’m finding myself looking to relationships as less of a solution and more of a diversion.

I’ve made some real progress with not thoughtlessly committing to whomever I’m seeing. I’m really evaluating my needs, wants, and desires. It’s super cool, guys.

There has definitely been no lack of suitors, and they’re all pretty legit dudes. BUT! I realize that I can hold out for the legitest of dudes. You’re a sweet guy who likes Pokemon and wants to cuddle and play video games all day? Cool. Do you have an even keeled nature  and a firm grasp on reality? Nope? Next. You’re ultra intelligent and have a romantic streak? Do you have a job and common decency? Oh…that’s unfortunate. Next!!


I never knew how easy it was to be ok with not being interested in a guy who’s interested in you. This might be the bitchiest statement I’ve ever written in my life, but it’s true and important. This blog is hopefully going to chronicle my adventures in figuring out how to date myself…and cute boys….but not, like, relationship-ing them. 

Wish me luck,

Ann Marie

1 comment: