Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Lady Jane – Resident Taken Lady. Romantic Realist. Real nerd.


For sentimental reasons.


Welcome to the first post of the resident “taken” relationship lady – Lady Jane. I know, I can hear you booing, hissing, and puking from here.

I was a #singlelady not too long ago, but somehow, somewhere in the timeline of my life, I became a serial monogamist, despite my proclamations of “not wanting a relationship” and “just wanting to be single.” I treated guys like boomerangs – I’d throw them away immediately, but if I threw them correctly (or sometimes really incorrectly), they’d come flying back and I’d be so surprised and impressed that the boomerang actually worked like it should that I’d hold onto it with curious admiration and love until ultimately I’d run out of ways to throw that boomerang and I’d leave it in the park for someone else to play with. I suck at metaphors.


I moved back to Chicago about a year ago, after a brief stint in LA, and took a “relationship break.” I didn’t casually date much in college and I felt like it was my time to shine! And I did. I dated and had what I’d consider a healthy amount of casual encounters. I felt wanted and it made me happy (remember – stay safe!). I got to explore and build upon my sexual interests, something that had been stunted in my previous relationship(s). More on that later.

For future reference: I tend to get technical about my sexuality and romantic experiences. It’s my “sexy talk.”
This was the best "sexy science" gif I could find.

Six months into my “break” – BAM. I meet Jack*. Six months later, on the one year anniversary of my return, flash to me here writing a bragging blog post about how happy I am and how great he is and blah blah blah – because the masses love that shit, obviously. Joking aside – I am quite - well, ridiculously happy in my relationship. So far we just… work. It’s gross. I’m channeling my inner hippy and going with the flow. Double gross.

What are my goals in this blog? To share my little nuggets about dating and relationships and to assist my lady friends with Operation #wtcba. Think of me as the resident old lady who starts her blog posts with “back in my day…” or gives you an unwarranted and unwanted sex tip because she’s old and wants to enrich your life while making herself feel young again. I’m secretly 75.

That might be canon.

Goodbye for now,

Lady Jane



*Name changed because, you know, internet stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Bangin' first post Lady J. I look forward to your delicious wisdom nuggets.

    ReplyDelete